Chicken, Sausage and White Bean StewPosted: December 12, 2011
This dinner came together rather haphazardly. I had originally intended to make jambalaya. I had a craving for it after my mother-in-law made an amazing batch of it and had been thinking of it ever since. (Confession: I kind of just like saying the word “jambalaya” really loud. It will be the name of my future cat) But I was lacking some key ingredients. This crock pot spicy stew/soup was the result.
Chicken, Sausage and White Bean Stew
- 8 chicken boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 package of spicy italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 each red, yellow, orange peppers
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can of diced green chili’s
- half carton of chicken broth
- fresh thyme and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp each of chili powder, paprika, cumin and crushed red chili’s
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
Put chicken thighs into crock pot. Brown sausage in frying pan, remove with slotted spoon and add to crock pot. Add all the ingredients except for avocado and cilantro. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with rice and garnish with avocado and cilantro.
A little bit of lime would have made it perfect!